Technical Forums => Maintenance Issues => Topic started by: THolt on April 24, 2014, 07:03:21 PM

Title: Jacks
Post by: THolt on April 24, 2014, 07:03:21 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a jack? The mini didn't come with one. Seven has a used one for $70 but says its obsolete.

Title: Re: Jacks
Post by: MPlayle on April 24, 2014, 07:36:20 PM
A flat topped scissor jack from any auto parts store should work.  Measure the distance between a broad flat spot of the subframes (front and rear).  Then make sure the collapsed height of the jack is just slightly less than that.

Something like this: (

Title: Re: Jacks
Post by: BritBits on April 24, 2014, 09:11:33 PM
I'll echo what Michael said.   I do have an original style jack for the Cooper... and it's just for if I ever have the car fixed up enough to seriously show it.   Otherwise the jack sits in a box in the garage.   I use an old jack from a Nissan, picked up from a parts yard for $5.   



Title: Re: Jacks
Post by: THolt on April 26, 2014, 08:43:06 PM
Ok thanks.  That is kind of what I figured.  No way am I spending $70 on one but, the amount of tires I have had to change on the side of the road this year on other cars makes me worried.  Every time we go any distance we drive 2 cars and my husband puts the floor jack in the truck lol.  The tread is getting low on the tires but, I would rather put 13in sport pack rims on it.  If anyone knows of anyone selling them please let me know.