MOT-Forum
October 17, 2019, 11:06:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Articles Suppliers Products Links About Us Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacks  (Read 3792 times)
THolt

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2014, 07:03:21 PM »

Does anyone know where I can get a jack? The mini didn't come with one. Seven has a used one for $70 but says its obsolete.
MPlayle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:36:20 PM »

A flat topped scissor jack from any auto parts store should work.  Measure the distance between a broad flat spot of the subframes (front and rear).  Then make sure the collapsed height of the jack is just slightly less than that.

Something like this:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/autocraft-1.5-ton-scissor-jack-ac926-t10152/9040056-P?searchTerm=scissor+jack

BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 09:11:33 PM »

I'll echo what Michael said.   I do have an original style jack for the Cooper... and it's just for if I ever have the car fixed up enough to seriously show it.   Otherwise the jack sits in a box in the garage.   I use an old jack from a Nissan, picked up from a parts yard for $5.   

Cheers,

Jim
McKinney
THolt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 08:43:06 PM »

Ok thanks.  That is kind of what I figured.  No way am I spending $70 on one but, the amount of tires I have had to change on the side of the road this year on other cars makes me worried.  Every time we go any distance we drive 2 cars and my husband puts the floor jack in the truck lol.  The tread is getting low on the tires but, I would rather put 13in sport pack rims on it.  If anyone knows of anyone selling them please let me know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: