MOT-Forum
July 21, 2018, 06:16:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Articles Suppliers Products Links About Us Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New members - introduce yourselves  (Read 17179 times)
MOTadmin
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2010, 09:21:35 PM »

We have been getting lots of "new members" lately.  Some seem legit, some not (spambot created).  Weeding them out is an ongoing process.  To make this easier on the admin staff and help us avoid accidentally deleting your account, please take a moment to post a "hello" message in this thread

Thanks!   Smiley

MOTadmin staff.
John W

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »

Hello from John W.
sikamini

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 09:52:21 AM »

Hi, I'm here!  Grin
MPlayle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 08:04:09 PM »

Welcome to the forum side/site!   Smiley

userdoesnotexist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »

Hello -- real person here, even though the user name suggests otherwise.  Had some difficulties with the registration page(s).

Currently attempting to drive a '67 Morris Mini Mk2 daily-ish.  Drove clear across Austin (down Mopac, out to Oak Hill) and back successfully today on 30-40 year old Dunlop tires that say "Made in Great Britain" on the sidewalls!  Plenty of tread but hard as gallstones.  Hoping to find someone capable of mounting nice, new, stinky Yoko A008 165/70x10's on those troublesome 10"x6" Revolution wheels before the old year's out.  Cheers!

-James Miller
1974Innocenti

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »

hi everyone, this is Alex from Fort Worth owner of the 1974 Innocenti Mini Cooper Vtec.
vtecwagon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 09:23:10 PM »

greg snyder, vtec wagon, the usual suspects, plano, tx.
I vote for this site. 
Are there any Puerto Rican girls out there
"just dyin' to meet me?" (Besides Angel's wife...)
MOTadmin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 08:15:57 AM »

Good to see folks showing up!  We don't mind different types of user/login names.  It just helps to know there is a person behind the name instead of a spam-bot.

(In the spam-bot wars, they seem to be winning.)

Angel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 03:43:50 PM »

Hello Newbie's

James, have you had any luck yet getting those tires mounted?

Alex - what part of Ft Worth you located?

Greg Snyder - how you doing Bro! Glad to have amongst the living. Got that brace off you neck yet? Winter is almost here again. Please stay home until March. Maddie wants to give you a big hug. Don't discard neck brace until after the hug. You may need it again. Regards to the Mrs.

Hi Sikamini. I'm here too.

Happy Holidays to all.

Angel
userdoesnotexist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 09:54:47 AM »

Angel wrote:
> James, have you had any luck yet getting those tires mounted?

Not yet.  Next day I have off I'll try the Discount Tire at Braker and Burnet in Austin, as
recommended by Jim D.  Until then I'm on Ye Olde Dunlops, which rub on the plastic
wheel arches at acute turn angles (front) or hard bumps (rear).

-James Miller
Angel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 10:23:32 AM »

If you have no luck with them and want to take a trip up to Ft. Worth, I'll find out where my body guy got mine mounted and we'll give them a try.

Angel
MPlayle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 09:01:20 PM »

I had success at a Firestone shop in San Antonio when I had my first panel van.  They were able to mount the 10" Kuhmos just fine.  Don't know of a place in Austin though.
bellamacchina

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 05:18:04 AM »

Don here from Lindale. Still driving my White on IRG (Italian Racing Green)1974 Innocenti Mini 1000.
Angel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 10:34:18 AM »

Michael

The problem is not mounting 10" tires but 10" tires on 6" wide rims. 5" wide rims is not a problem either but the 6" have a deep offset and most tire shops can't mount them. Then if you have Yoko's A008 that multiplies the problem. They don't have no give when trying to mount and the bead will usually rip. After Discount Tire tore up about 6 Yoko's I switched to Falkens but by then Discount Tires had told me to go away. My body man Javier got mine mounted for me w/o a problem but he wouldn't tell me where he got them mounted. All he said was "if you want tires mounted, take them to a Mexican".

Angel
MPlayle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 11:54:31 AM »

I don't remember to rim width of the GB 100+ wheels that were on the panel van.  Probably 5" as I had the 145/80/10 Kuhmos mounted on them and the tires appeared just right for the rim.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: