MOT-Forum
November 23, 2017, 07:52:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Articles Suppliers Products Links About Us Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DFW ABCD 2017  (Read 942 times)
Wings

Such a little car; so much to learn!

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2017, 07:42:44 AM »

Has anyone else signed up for ABCD this year? I sent in my registration a few weeks ago but haven't seen anyone else mention the event. I believe it's set for April 30th. Matchbox is having a little work done right now but it should be up and running by then. (At least it better be! Grin )

Paul

2013 JCW Chili Red/Chili Red
1991 Mini Cooper Red/White 'Matchbox'
John Lieberman
Administrator

AutoX Mini

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 11:27:57 AM »

For those thinking about going, here's the latest from Debra:

Greetings:

First, please forgive me if you are not the current officer in the club as Iím using last yearís contacts. Please forward this reminder to your events or program director.

Secondly, it is time to reserve a club space if you havenít already. Many of you like to have your canopies to provide shade for your members and cover the delicious picnic spread you bring. So please register your club on the website and let your members  know that your club is participating! www.allbritishcarday.com

Finally, I just want to thank all of you for supporting this exhibition. Several of you have been attending for the past 32 years or since Kip Motor Company became the primary coordinator in 2003.  As you know, weíve supported Shoes for Orphan Souls as our primary benefactor; however, this year, we are supporting RPM Foundation Scholarship program. There is a huge need to attract young talented craftsmen and women to the field of automotive restoration and preservation. We want to raise awareness as well as make a donation to the scholarship fund. I hope that your club will make one too by attending this show.

Thank you for your support. Let me know how I can help!

Cordially,

Debra Lankenau

ABCDE Coordinator
214-477-3224 cell
972-243-0440 Kip Motor Company

www.allbritishcarday.com

Review us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/allbritishcarday
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 09:53:55 AM »

Thanks for the info John.

This raises one question... does anyone know where the MOT banner is these days?   

I hope to make the show with Cooper,  my '63 997.   

Cheers,

Jim Diana and Jimmy
'63 Awesome Mini Cooper
and a few other toys
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 11:18:23 AM »

I'm going to try to bring the Cooper to ABCDE, even it I have to roll it off a trailer and push it into the show area.

Do we know were the MOT banner got to?

Cheers,

Jim
MPlayle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 11:35:36 AM »

Last I knew, I think Skip still had it.  He has not been on the forum in about a year.  It has been even longer since most of the "Usual Suspects"  (aka MOTUS) have logged onto the forum.

BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 10:18:10 PM »

Ok, I'll check with Skip, I basically pass his house on my way to work.   

I am chatting with a classic owner I met via the Bring a Trailer website, some interesting auctions ($40K + for a classic???)

Cheers,

Jim
John Lieberman
Administrator

AutoX Mini

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 11:02:00 PM »

$40K?!?!?  I don't think I've ever seen one get that high on eBay although I have seen some get well up into the 5-digit range.
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 01:33:10 PM »

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-mini-cooper-s/

$43K unrestored car that's been in storage for decades.

Cheapest classic Mini I've seen sold there has been around $10k.   The comments section is interesting, a bit more civil than the MM forum.

Cheers,

Jim
Skip Laughlin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 11:47:39 AM »

Yes, I've got it.  Let me know when you want to stop by.
gr8kornholio

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 08:49:36 PM »

For anyone heading to this tomorrow, some of us classic mini owners are meeting at First Watch 930 e. campbell in richardson at 8 tomorrow morning before heading to the show.
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 09:57:52 PM »

It was sunny, no rain.   Otherwise the weather wasn't great, between the wind and the temps.   

It was great to meet Mark and his car is very very nice.   

We ran into some of the MOTUS down the hill with the cars with much larger than 10" wheels.   

Cheers,
Jim, Diana and Jimmy
Wings

Such a little car; so much to learn!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 04:06:30 PM »

It would have been quite a nice day had it not been for that wind/gale/hurricane that kept up all day. I was worn out by the time I got home and I was a late arriver. Good to see you guys and gals again; thanks for all the friendly chit chat.

Paul

2013 JCW Chili Red/Chili Red
1991 Mini Cooper Red/White 'Matchbox'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: