MOT-Forum
September 15, 2019, 09:30:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Articles Suppliers Products Links About Us Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: spray paint that's close to old english white????  (Read 1725 times)
BritBits

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2017, 06:35:00 PM »

I need to get some paint on the roof of my car and I believe it should have been OEW to go with the surf blue....   has anyone found a readily available spray brand that has something close?

Thanks,

Jim
'63 Austin Cooper 997
MPlayle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 08:07:58 AM »

I am pretty certain there will be a auto paint supply place nearby that will custom make a spray can or two of any color you want.

Search through this thread for the desired color code and take to them.

http://restorationmini.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.0

Velopackrat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 03:36:59 PM »

For the quick and dirty rattle can approach, may I suggest the current MINI color Pepper White is damn close to one of the OEW's.  There was more than one shade of OEW...
Chris
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 05:38:09 PM »

Chris,

Thanks for the tip.   I have a couple of air guns and a compressor, so I figured if I was going to get a custom color I may as well spray it properly.

I may yet do that, although for ABCDE (Dallas) it may just be Krylon glossy white to protect the metal until I can do the car properly.

Cheers,

Jim, Diana and Jimmy
'63 Austin Cooper 997
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: