MOT-Forum
November 23, 2017, 07:48:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Articles Suppliers Products Links About Us Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying parts from England  (Read 241 times)
John Lieberman
Administrator

AutoX Mini

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2017, 10:54:41 PM »

If any of you have ever thought about buying parts from across the pond, now is the time to do it.  The exchange rate between the US and the UK is ridiculously low -- $1 = about 0.75!  Used to be that 1 was about $2!!! 
To give you an example of how much you can save, I just bought four 7X13 Ultralite ENKI wheels with matching lugnuts and two 175/50-13 Yokohama A539 tires to use as rear rains on my AutoX Mini for the whopping total of $527 and that includes almost $100 shipping!
In addition to the ridiculously low exchange rate, there also appears to be an international shipping price war going on right now between UPS and FedEx so you can ship for much less than it used to cost if you just shop around.
I ordered from Mini Sport USA and they were offering a 10% discount on shipping.  Don't know if that discount is still in effect but it would certainly be worth checking out
JL

Wings

Such a little car; so much to learn!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 01:43:12 PM »

I replaced a dinged wheel a few months ago. I too was surprised how afforadable it was due to the exhange rate.

Paul

2013 JCW Chili Red/Chili Red
1991 Mini Cooper Red/White 'Matchbox'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: