MOT-Forum
December 15, 2018, 04:52:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Articles Suppliers Products Links About Us Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vandalism  (Read 1138 times)
John Lieberman
Administrator

AutoX Mini

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2018, 08:41:36 PM »

Sometime late Friday night or early Saturday morning, somebody vandalized my '71 project Mini.  They didn't take anything from the car or from under my carport.  Nor did they touch the AutoX Mini parked in front of it.  They just cut and ripped the heavy-duty Coverking car cover that was protecting Mercedes all to shreds and then ripped out and/or cut every bit of wiring and tubing that they could reach with the grill removed and the bonnet closed -- as well as puting a serious dent in the front bumper.  Apparently, they couldn't figure out how to open the bonnet, or the damage might have been even worse.  It's a several hundred dollar mess and will require a whole new wiring harness plus a lot of new tubing to get it back up to snuff. 
I filed a police report and the officer who investigated found some blood on the driver's side door, so she made a DNA swab of it.  There was no way to get any usable fingerprints, even though there were hand and finger print smudges all over the front end, because they were all rain-smeared.  Hopefully, the DNA evidence will lead to somebody who's already in the system as a previous offender, but it's going to take the crime lab a few weeks to process that evidence because of their backload.
Wings

Such a little car; so much to learn!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 02:11:17 PM »

That's terrible John! Honestly what did they think they were going to find that would be of much value to them? The small amount of wire or tube they could get from a Mini wouldn't amount to much. Such a waste.  Angry

Paul

2013 JCW Chili Red/Chili Red
1991 Mini Cooper Red/White 'Matchbox'
John Lieberman
Administrator

AutoX Mini

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 03:06:34 PM »

I don't think they were "after" anything, Paul.  If so, there were plenty of things they could have taken from the AutoX Mini or the shelves adjacent to the cars.  They were just out to vandalize.  They didn't touch anything except Mercedes and they sure made a mess of her.  Both doors were locked so they didn't get inside.  No telling what else they would have torn up if the doors weren't locked.  The car was backed up all the way to the wall, with the AutoX Mini in front of it, so they couldn't get into the boot, either
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 11:05:53 AM »

John, I'm sorry to hear it.  Hopefully the police can track down the culprits. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: