MOT-Forum
August 14, 2018, 07:49:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Articles Suppliers Products Links About Us Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AutoX Mini upgrades  (Read 1015 times)
John Lieberman
Administrator

AutoX Mini

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2018, 09:13:47 PM »

Given the current exchange rate between the dollar and the pound, I decided that it was time to make some long-overdue upgrades to "The Turd."  I started by replacing the heavy cast iron 4-pot Metro Turbo front brakes with 4-pot alloy calipers and drilled/slotted rotors from Mini Sport.  Then I replaced the old worn-out Diamond Racing wheels with Ultralite ENKI wheels -- again, from Mini Sport. 
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipNp9N6IYHnjVyUp0bmHTWcnhzqUG9E_XRVXEn16  (Hope that link works!)
Now I'm in the process of yanking the motor out so I can rebuild it before our season starts in March.  Of note here -- if you order bearings from Mini Spares, and use the original Vandervell part numbers, that's exactly what you're going to get.  Over the years, Mahle bought Vandervell and they're now producing the exact same bearings under the Mahle name.  So, for a 1275, you would order VP91306-xx for the rods and VP91120-xx for the mains.  The thrust washers are VPW41 for the standard size.
MPlayle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 04:48:36 PM »

The photo link did not work.

John Lieberman
Administrator

AutoX Mini

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 06:53:20 PM »

Hmmm...  Guess I'll have to come up with something else
John Lieberman
Administrator

AutoX Mini

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 08:12:54 PM »

Can anybody refresh my memory on how to post photos from my computer to our Media Gallery?
MPlayle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 12:01:06 PM »

It should be fairly straight forward to upload the pictures to the media gallery.

- Go to the media section while logged in
- Select "My Albums"
- Create a new album or select an existing album to add to
- Creating a new album will take to a screen with lots of options, I just input a name for the album, chose "ascending" as the sort order, then scroll to the bottom for the button to save the new album
- Once at the album, select "Mass Upload" to upload multiple pictures at the same time.
- Select the photos on your computer
- Select "Upload"
- Review the thumbnails and scroll to the bottom to "submit" them to the album

To link the photos into a post:
- View the photos in the album to get either BBC embedding number or direct link from the photo description/details.  (I use the direct link.)
- Go to the post where you want to insert the picture
- In the post editor, click the "insert image" button to get the image tags, insert the picture number or direct link between the tags.

John Lieberman
Administrator

AutoX Mini

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 01:22:03 PM »

That's exactly what I did but I got an error message.  Ah, wait -- I'll bet the files are too big!!!  I'll reduce them in size and see what happens then
John Lieberman
Administrator

AutoX Mini

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 08:00:31 PM »

That's what it was--the pics were too big.  They're now in an album called "AutoX Mini Upgrades."
MPlayle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 08:08:50 PM »

Posting the pictures into the thread for John.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: