MOT-Forum
November 16, 2018, 09:44:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Articles Suppliers Products Links About Us Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dallas ABCD&E 2018  (Read 369 times)
BritBits

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2018, 10:27:21 PM »

The weather this year was very nice...  a few degrees cooler would have been better.   This year the parking seemed a bit chaotic, with various marques mixed and mixed again.   There was a nice display of 4 classic Minis, then further down the row in a group of VWs was another classic Mini and a Bugeye.   Hmmmm.

It's a charity show and all for fun, still it made it harder to find people I know who aren't exclusively Mini owners.

My son has gone from "your cars are old and I don't want to ride in them" to "maybe if you fix one up and add some things to get crowd appeal we can bring it next year."  Not sure what constitutes crowd appeal to a 9 year old, but Pokemon and Lego Ninjago stickers are out.

It was nice to finally meet Paul and see his Matchbox, a very nice looking 1991 Mini in red.   We are overdue for a brunch meeting in the DFW area, anyone interested?

Cheers,

Jim, Diana and Jimmy
Almost Oklahoma
Wings

Such a little car; so much to learn!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 12:58:23 PM »

Nice to chat with you on Sunday and meet your family. It was a warm afternoon especially later when the crowd thinned and lack of shade took its toll.
I agree a get together would fun. Let's hope we can get a few more Minis to show up for ABCD '19.

Paul

2013 JCW Chili Red/Chili Red
1991 Mini Cooper Red/White 'Matchbox'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: