MOT-Forum
November 14, 2018, 11:22:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Articles Suppliers Products Links About Us Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitsa, anyone?  (Read 42 times)
BritBits

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2018, 11:18:03 PM »

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-austin-mini-cooper-mk1/

I'm getting a bit disappointed with BAT when it comes to correctly listing classic Minis, this is obviously not a Cooper and I'm more inclined to think it's a 64, not a 67 body shell based on the wiper motor, it's always a pain to pull them from a shell.   Then again it looks like they painted behind it, so maybe not?

Cheers,

Jim, Diana and Jimmy
Bitsas Aren't Us
John Lieberman
Administrator

AutoX Mini

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 12:12:07 AM »

He calls it a 67 Mk1 but, if it's really a 67, it would be a Mk2.  Plus, the tail lights have an amber top half.  The top half should be red, like the bottom half if it's an early model.
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 12:25:27 AM »

True, if you're trying for true authenticity.   I haven't looked lately, used to be the red upper sections weren't available new from the usual suspects, so I was pumped when I found a set at a swap meet in Dallas 20 years ago from a guy who'd been a BMC dealer back in the day.

I'm looking more at the car titled on the FE number over the radiator (no VIN tag), it's titled as a Morris with Austin badging, Cooper lower window trim without the upper piece.   Then there's the block with the oil filter that's a direct screw on, like my Triumph Spitfire.

Now I wish I was still in Abilene to eyeball the car, not that I miss working there except for the paycheck.   

Cheers,

Jim, Diana and Jimmy
John Lieberman
Administrator

AutoX Mini

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 12:34:12 AM »

I'd be leery about that one.  It looks sweet in the photos but there are just too many things about it that just don't add up.
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 09:15:26 PM »

It went for $21k.   Wow!   The argument was the rust repair and paint were done, so forget the wacky title.

Cheers,

Jim
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: