MOT-Forum
August 13, 2020, 09:59:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Articles Suppliers Products Links About Us Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello MOT  (Read 264 times)
dlee1967

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2020, 10:30:03 AM »

Hello MOT.  I am not new to Minis, but it has been many years since I had one.  Just finishing up a Vintage Race Bugeye and then my '64 Mini goes on the rotisserie.

David Lee
Splendora, TX

David Lee
John Lieberman
Administrator

AutoX Mini

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 10:44:52 AM »

Welcome, David!  It's been a long time.

John
MPlayle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 09:47:34 AM »

Welcome!

Tell us more about the 64 Mini.

dlee1967

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 09:22:02 AM »

My '64 was a father/son project that was last driven in 2009.  Unfortunately, the son died of cancer.  I think this car needs to be redone just to honor the memory of the previous owners. 

It is currently equipped with an Austin America 1275 with 4 sync box and a Weber 45.  The dash is boxed in for the Weber.  It also has S brakes and dual petrol tanks.

I will strip the car to it's bare shell, load onto my rotisserie and media blast.  I have the new front wings, front panel, bonnet, battery box and rear valance to fit as well as new upper and lower dash bar so I can go back to stock center instrument panel.  Floor is solid!

I've already built up a 40 over engine, Keith Calver head, with straight cut 4 sync box and Evolution limited slip (3.44 final drive), which is waiting patiently in the shop for the body completion. 

My FP vintage race Bugeye is almost complete (CVAR) and the Mini restoration is up next.

David Lee
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 11:31:47 PM »

Hi David,

Welcome to the group!   

I look forward to seeing you race with CVAR, I raced a Mini with them in 1995 and I have been dragging my family to the Dallas area races for the past several years.

Cheers,

Jim Gambony
'61 Morris Mini vintage racer
and too many other toys to list Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: