MOT-Forum
December 06, 2023, 08:28:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Articles Suppliers Products Links About Us Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1965 Vintage Race 1275 Cooper S replica  (Read 14392 times)
TBond

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2012, 12:28:06 PM »

Vintage Race Car from 90's CA build (have SCCA logbook) of most probably from an 850 shell/donor. I bought the car from a fellow CVAR racer in 2006 as it had a rod change JK Dogbox and Ltd Slip, and steel front end and boot lid. I subsequently swapped those goodies onto my other race car that had just broken a pinion. I then built up a semi-stock 1275 with a stock remote style gearbox to use in this car that I have for sale. It has the fiberglass front and boot lid off my other car and has been painted BRG with a white stripe. Paint is OK for a racecar; good from 20 ft. Has bolt in 6 point cage with removable door bars. No interior except for Alum dash, switch/key bracket and seats. Perspex windows on the side and back. Front door windows and trim are gone. Hinged/removeable front end with alum inner fenders; rhs houses additional rad running off heater outlet. Spax adj shocks, Neg 1-1/2 lower arms, adjustable suspension cones, full Cooper S brakes incl servo and with new Greenstuff pads and S/S brake lines. GB 5X10 wheels with good A008s & plastic flares. 5 Gal Fuel Safe Cell with steel braid hose and Facet SS pump. 1275 solid back A series engine has new +.060 pistons with a rally cam, slightly ported head running through a single late model 1-1/2 SU to an LCB manifold with a straight exhaust using a glasspack muffler (sounds nice, not too loud). Alum catch tank and has an alum airbox that would fit a Weber 45 Sidedraft on a long manifold. Alloy valve cover, 1.5 rockers, Pertronix ignition, oil cooler with braided lines. Stock flywheel, clutch, drop gears, c/r S helical gearset with new balk rings and 3.76 stock open diff. I just recently registered it in Texas as an antique auto so it has a clear Blue TX title and is registered for street use (car shows etc). It has wiring for rear turn signals and such but there are no lights/wiring on the front end nor is it wired for the gages (RPM, Oil Press, Water Temp) in the dash. It has no wiper box or any of that wiring. It runs a 4 core rad with a switched Fiat fan that pulls the temp down immediately when needed. Electrical system is total loss system with an external cowl mounted race cut-off switch but there is room to add an alternator if needed. Quick release splined Grant style steering wheel, racing seat, and 5 point camlock belts (out of date for racing however). This car would make a great starter vintage racer, or a semi street/solo car. Or you could convert it easily back to a pure street car. Just finished putting it all back together...it has about 20 total miles on it...and it's already leaking oil out of the lhs of one of the gearbox gaskets or timing cover! Asking $10K USD or best offer.
 Located in Southlake TX.
http://www.minimania.com/cars4sale/10937/1965_Austin_Cooper_S_Race_Car_Sedan

* GreenS.jpg (19.94 KB, 160x120 - viewed 1387 times.)
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 11:59:29 PM »

Trevor,

How is it titled?   As a '65?

I have too many projects, but I always get asked locally for leads on Minis.

Cheers,

Jim
McKinney
TBond

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:39:10 PM »

It's TX blue titled and registered as a 1965 on antique plates.  Haggerty Insurance is about $120/year for $10K value.  I'm going to run it out at the ECR Toy Run Dec 8.

Trevor
TBond

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 01:32:34 PM »

Update post ECR Toy Run....car ran great.  First 2 sessions dialed in the suspension height and shocks.  3rd session ran it pretty hard, then the 4th session a friend took it out.  Youtube video:

ECR Green Mini 2

I will probably list this car on Ebay over the Christmas Holidays with a lot lower reserve than what I'm asking.  Probably 7 to 8 K.  If you're interested in it before I do that, send me an email.

* IMG_0743_small.jpg (211.99 KB, 800x597 - viewed 1410 times.)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:04:35 PM by TBond » Logged
TBond

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 09:45:59 AM »

CHRISTMAS SALE $8000.....Cheapest way to get into vintage racing.  CVAR school at TWS Feb 22-24th.
TBond

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »

SOLD for $6500.  Car has been delivered to a gentleman about 20 miles away from VIR.  He plans to start vintage racing this year.
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 09:00:45 PM »

Do you know which group he's racing with?

I know CVAR is against fiberglass noses, or I'd have been more interested.

My brother gets to VIR a couple of times a year to play.

Cheers,

Jim
McKinney
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 09:03:07 PM »

ps... congrats on finding a new owner!
TBond

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 08:41:27 AM »

CVAR just deduct "points" for fiberglass front ends....I did that for years when I had the Purple People eater car when it was red.  I eventually swapped out the sheetmetal that was on this green car (ex Harry Lydick).  This green car has that old fiberglass front end.  It would take about $500 to convert it back to sheetmetal with new parts....and of course paint.

Bob is running the car out east; he lives about 20 miles from VIR....not sure which club or organization.  He's run it several times and gotten through his school and novice races.  Now he's looking for more power!
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 10:04:46 PM »

CVAR is an interesting bunch.   When I ran my car in 1995, it was basically within specs (ok, the block was .060 over), but I ran on 13" rims.   I ran it in my drivers school and I got some comments on the 13s.... at the October meet I was told I was "ok for now" but I would need to go back to 10" to be legal for 1996.    I was running A008Gs, a fairly hard street compound for the A008 series   

When I melted #1 piston going into turn 1 (failed Weber soft mount kit.. grrrrrr) during the last run session it all became academic.   At that point I was without employment (but was having FUN!!) but soon found employment, a new girlfriend, too many other projects, etc etc etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: