MOT-Forum
December 03, 2022, 04:49:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Articles Suppliers Products Links About Us Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some local help... Houston, Tx  (Read 4775 times)
m32

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2016, 10:56:15 PM »

Folks,

I have a true 1966 mini with a swifttune engine.  Its been sitting in the garage and haven't been driven in about 3-4 years.  The last time I drove it, it felt sluggish.  I am looking for some local help to get it back up and running.  The only shop that I go to is DriverSource and I don't want to go that route unless I have to.  Really looking for a local mini guy that wouldn't mind wrenching on a weekend and being compensated for their time.

Edwin
Velopackrat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 10:03:35 PM »

Hey,

I'm in Fort Worth, so it's not like a I can run over and take a peak.  But post up some pics and we might be able to steer you in the right direction without breaking the bank.
For example, define "sluggish".  What's the engine spec to the best of your knowledge?  The more information you offer up, the quicker we can be of help:)

Chris
BritBits

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 09:58:15 PM »

Hi Edwin,

That's the car you bought in McKinney?  I'll dig through my pictures to see how it was equipped.

Simple things to check/change are how old is the gas and how are the spark plugs?    Modern gas doesn't seem to last more than a year or so before it's not that great.   That's based on personal observation of the gas I store for my riding mower.   The big downside is that there isn't a legal way to dispose of old gas, short of burning it in the car.   At least here in the Dallas area.

And if the plugs are fouled it'll also be down on performance. 

If you can, try those 2 and let us know it if helps.

Cheers,

Jim, Diana and Jimmy
McKinney

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: